The new issue of the e-Extreme is out! You can read it online by clicking on the window below or download the .pdf version here.
Among the various news reported in our quarterly, we would like draw your attention to the criteria and timeline for SG endorsement at upcoming ECPR events, and the SG steering committee elections.
SG endorsement at ECPR events
The ECPR has set 15 November 2017 as a deadline for the submission of Section proposals for the 2018 General Conference in Hamburg, and 1 February 2018 for the submission of Workshop proposals for the 2019 Joint Sessions in Mons. We would like to encourage all members interested to receive the endorsement of the SG to draft excellent and innovative proposals, and submit them to us for consideration, 3 weeks ahead of ECPR deadlines. We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Criteria for endorsement
1. Overall respect of the general ECPR proposal guidelines
2. Overall quality of the proposal
3. Fit of the proposal with the core topics of the Standing Group on Extremism & Democracy
4. Inclusiveness of the proposal in terms of theoretical and methodological perspectives (i.e. potential to attract a broad range of members)
5. Accommodation of diversity (gender, geographical spread, levels of experience in the discipline)
6. Rotation (in terms of teams behind the proposals and of complementarity with workshops/sections from prior years)
Timeline for upcoming events
|EVENT||DEADLINE FOR SENDING PROPOSALS TO SG||FEEDBACK FROM SG TO APPLICANTS||DEADLINE FOR SENDING PROPOSAL TO ECPR|
@ General Conference
Hamburg, August 2018
|25 October 2017||8 November 2017||15 November 2017|
@ Joint Sessions
Mons, April 2019
|11 January 2018||25 January 2018||1 February 2018|
SG steering committee elections
Following changes occurred in our convenorship over the last year, we felt it was time turn to our members to decide the configuration of the Steering Committee of the SG. As a result, elections were prospected during our meeting in Oslo and interested members asked to nominate themselves for office. The incumbent convenors (Caterina Froio, Andrea Pirro, and Stijn van Kessel) have contextually expressed their keenness to continue serving office for another mandate and have hence nominated themselves.
In the lack of additional candidates, as per Art. 5 of the Default Constitution for Standing Groups, the three candidates that have nominated themselves are declared elected. Otherwise, elections will be held using single transferrable vote (STV), as used for ECPR Executive Committee elections (Art. 9). Should you wish to nominate yourself, or discuss the issue further, do not hesitate to get in touch!